Photo credit Thomas Lott
Doula is a Greek word whose definition has come to mean a woman who helps other women. The word has further evolved to mean a woman experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother before, during, and after childbirth.
From The Doula Book, 3rd Ed., Kennell, Klaus and Klaus
As a birth doula, I provide physical, emotional and informational support for expectant parents and their families during labor. I support all birth choices and seek to empower families to have their best birth. My services include:
- 2 prenatal visits, in which we will discuss your birth preferences, comfort techniques, and address any fears or concerns;
- Unlimited text/email/phone support;
- 24/7 on-call availability to attend your birth starting from your 37th week until you go into labor;
- Continuous support during labor and birth from the time you decide you need me until about 2 hours post-partum. Support includes comfort measures (including touch techniques, positioning techniques, emotional support, and access to tools within my Doula Bag);
- A post-partum visit to discuss your birth experience and assess the need for any resources.
These services can be combined with private pre- or postnatal yoga sessions for an additional cost.
Please contact me at email@example.com for availability.